Saturday, September 22, 2007

881: The Papaya Girls......Me & Myself

Thought I would return to update on my last blogs with 2 movies I caught over the last weekend.

Lets start with 881: The Papaya Girls.


This Singapore movie received rave reviews in Singapore and was a box office there. Unfortunately it wasn't the same here. Maybe very little publicity and we are just anti-Singapore...kiasu atititude...Anyway I went to catch this movie with my wife.....we anticipated that this will be typical Singapore comedy movie. Well yes true but it also had its touching moments....First with the comedy....the movie was in Hokkien most of the time.....so you must know the language to enjoy it...there were few good comedic moments....the most memorable one what when the main characters were performing the "Ta Siu Yan" ( in cantonese) ceremony in English.....It was literally translated as 'Hit the Little Man"......The audience was roaring with laughter with scene ...even though there were only 30 of us in the whole cinema....Yeah the other comedic moment was not from the movie....but more to do with the aunty sittin behind me...I tell you ....she was cursing the bitch characters in the movie......she was cursing quite loud .....both my wife and I chuckled...

The touching moment came when one of the lead characters was diagnosed with cancer. The scene where she went through the process of chemo .....dropping hair....and death....really has my eyes welling with tears.....caused it brought me to think my friend situation...She is going through chemo now....and there already changes in her outlook....its scares you and also show how vulnerable we are against this disease....I just prayed that she will be strong.....
To me ...live everyday likes there is no tomorrow.

2nd Movie: Me & Myself

Bought this DVD for a few weeks already but never had the chance to watch....So on Sunday evening decided to catch with my DVD collections while my wife attended a wedding dinner.

This is a Thai movie which was a hit in Thailand....and again not here...A sensitive and romantic movie for me....The story is about a guy who was accidentally hit by this car driven a girl....the guy got amnesia ....girl had to bring back and take care of guy...after a while ..girl fall for guy....had sex...then wah la....guy woke up from amnesia....only to know he is gay!....Guy had to leave girl....girl and gay guy got confused...the question posed....would the girl want to have queer husband!.....Can this happened in real life? There was a scene in the movie that depicts how this guy was 'transformed' from an innocent sweet baby to being a gay!...You see the baby was orphaned and grew up in a environment surrounded by transvestite performers...so its his surrounding that caused him to be gay and not born gay...if I think that the movie was trying to tell you.....ah hah really? The movie ended with the girl and guy decided to accept the fact and to be best friends.....touching.

To me ....being gay is something we have to accept as our own responsibility and our own choice and live with it.


So how was your weekend.....

4 comments:

David The Man said...

my weekend... to write blogs about other people's blogs. By the way, I have bookmarked you, but I have not tagged you yet in my blog. Coming soon, k? Cheers, mate!

Chris said...

Hello, you have a wonderful blog, but I can't find your email address, can you please contact me at linkexchange@edenfantasys.com? I have something to discuss with you
Regards, Chris
(Please can you delete this comment after your decision?)

Magus Young said...

hello d, been a while hehe, havent watch those two movies yet.

How romantic watching it with wifey...

dq

DYCW said...

hey guys....sorry for not updating sooner...been away and busy lah...

David: Thanks for bookmarking me.... Really appreciate it...

Chris: Thank you for the comment....hmm you sounded serious....you may drop a mail in dycw30@hotmail.com...

Magus: Yup...a while now ...hey do really recommend that you watch the movies...maybe get the pirated DVDs...worth your time....read about ur tummy ache...take care lo...

Cheers everybody....